Thursday, January 19, 2012

How the Faeries Got Me Back to WV - Part 5

It started as a dream anyway, I suppose .... then I was awake for part of it, I suppose. Seriously. I have this little light on a short stand beside my bed. It's one of those touch lamps where if you touch it three times it keeps getting brighter and then the next touch turns it back off.

About two o'clock in the morning I wake up enough to notice that the light is on and I reach over, turn it off, and then close my eyes again. A minute or so later it's back on again, on the dimest setting, and as I reach over to turn it back off it goes up the two notches brighter. Then I see this little brown fella standing by the lamp tapping it with his finger.

That's when I look over to see if I can see Kate, to see if I can see the furniture and walls that I know are in the room, to try and determine if I am actually awake or in some kind of really lucid dream. The door of the bedroom was open and I sat up in bed looking out to the living room and had just decided that I must be awake, everything was where I knew it to be, when I felt the bed move abit and noticed another little brown man had sat down on the side of the bed next to me. Two others stood quietly at the foot of the bed, mostly watching the little guy who was so intriqued by the light and kept running it up and down, on and off, through the stages.

I don't scare easy at all, at least not of things that you'd commonly think you should be spooked of. I tend to have a much more quizzical/comical approach to everything. In my travels I'd seen so many off the wall events that this felt more like getting back to 'normal' for me than anything else.

The little man on the bed was holding several medium dark brown papers in his hand of what appeared to be sketches or blueprints of something. There were alot of numnbers, letters and symbols, some of which I was familiar with, some not, and they were arranged into some form of wheel. It actually reminded me of a flower, like a daisy's petals would be, except it was all in muted shades of brown and black. And parts of it I could barely make out, there were areas that were very faded.

He pointed at one such place and said, "It's getting very hard to see, some of this we can't keep moving for much longer."

I asked him what it was and he said that it is the codes to all living things, the numbers that keep it all in balance. That immediately reminded me of a dream nearly twenty years before and a riddle that had appeared in that dream that had started the whole journey/study thing for me.

There was a world
Mathematically conceived
Geometrically consumed
And Lyrically replaced.
And a decision..
Calculate..
Measure
~or~
Sing. 

He disappeared then, the room returned to dark, and I drifted back into sleep ....and there she was. The person I'd seen by the waterfall back at Terra Nova in North Carolina. She identified herself this time, said her name was AisLinn Fae, that she was the Guardian and Keeper of the Dream. And she repeated the same question that she'd asked at the falls ..Dare We Dance the Faerie Dream?

She told me that "The Pammy" would dream a very important dream that night and that she would no doubt be contacting me soon. I hadn't seen Pammy in months, even well over a year and I remember thinking I should maybe call or head up that way soon.

The talk continued for quite sometime in the dream and we got to the subject of creation and I asked her about the big "Bang" theory and how the world was created. And she replied that yeah, you could call it a big bang, that part was correct, but then she laughed and said, "that was when the tarot deck was created."

"Tarot Deck?" I asked and she laughed some more and said, "You don't think your world is the only thing out there do you, like not everything is about you and your world."

This continued through most of the night and then she said, "I believe it is time that you hear a real Faerie tale; let me tell you one."  And she began,

"Once upon a before time there was forever ...
and that was about all ..."

She giggled more and added, "well All, except the possibility of everything. But everything was about to run out of forever."

Day came and went, another day of unpacking, sorting and assembling and another night came, exhausted, still sick, I slipped thankfully between the covers and drift off to sleep. At some point in the night I am awakened by a smell and a feeling. The smell of warm, moist earth, very old earth, full of the decay of leaves and woody plants; the presence to the left of my bed, dark, and no sight of anything.

I asked, "Who are you, what do you want?" And a voice answered that literally sounded older than time. A female voice, low and crackly, "I am Brialla, and you have a job to do similar to mine should you choose to accept it."

I asked her what it was but she didn't answer that part, only mentioned that I needed to apply myself if I were going to be her son, and then the last thing I heard her say as the smell of old earth begin slowly to fade from the room was .." write it down lest ye forgit it."

I layed there a bit in the darkness thinking how in all my studies I hadn't heard that name before and how I should go in to my desk and write it down because often by next morning I have forgotten dreams and names before.

But next time I opened my eyes  it was daylight and as I made my way towards the coffeepot in the kitchen, I noticed a sheet of my notebook lying on my desk and on it one word scrawled in very old looking writing ... Briallison.

I'm going to end the How the Faeries got me to WV writing at this point and start a new subject and name, Dare We Dance the Faerie Dream, but I will add this before I go.

Two morning later there was a knock at my door and there stood The Pammy. I've never thought to ask her when we're together how she even knew we were back in WV or how she knew that we'd be there in that apartment, but she held in her hand a picture that she said she had drawn from a dream a couple nights ago and she said that the person in the dream had told her to bring it to me, that I'd know the story.

It was a picture of AisLinn Fae, precisely as I'd remembered and would be the first of 23 or so such experiences over the next several months of stories dreamed and pictures drawn by the Pammy as the Faerie Dream began to unfold before our eyes......



No comments:

Post a Comment